We, as the data analysis center, provide an integrative platform to analyze data from Next Generation Sequencers (NGSs). This platform provides data analysis systems (Maser, CONG) and various viewers (Genome Explorer, gGraph, iGene) which we developed originally .
On Maser and CONG systems, the data analysis pipelines are constructed by the workflows which made of a combination of existing NGS data analysis tools.
User registration is required to use this platform.
User registration for the use of the data analysis platform
If you would like to use the data analysis platform, please notify us of your name, e-mail address and affiliation at the following e-mail address.
See a request mail example and notes here.
Maser(Management and Analysis System for Enormous Reads) is a data analysis platform for NGS data. Users can execute the data analysis pipeline, browse the analysis process and download the analysis result by registering their own data. Description for usage described here.
'Genome Explorer' is a Web application system visualizing mapping data to reference of Short Read which NGS produces.
It has a lot of flexibility that enables to display arbitrary combination of analysis data which can be browsed and facilitates comparison between the data.
- Quick and seamless moving to a designated position in a genome, free-zooming function were available.
- Displaying the most suitable way to the purpose of the analysis.
- Once registering data derived from various sources, users can choose/display these data at their option.
- Reordering data columns in the viewing window is available.
'CONG' stands for Cloud Commander for NGS is an easy and flexible launcher system to execute analysis tools in cloud system. Users can operate from Web interfaces just like a command execution.
- The abundant computer resource of the data analysis base is available.
- Various analyses are available for massive quantities of short reads.
- Easy access for the latest tools and techniques.
- Our cloud computing disengages users from actual machine system organization.
- Once users registered their own data in the data analysis platform, further data uploading was not necessary; just select one from lists in the Web interface.
- Using CONG, users are totally free from embarrassing preparation/installation of hardware/software at their efforts and expenses.
- Users can put the management of disk free space behind because of the large-capacity storage in our system.
- User operations are just like as that in a command line.
- You can shorten processing time by CONG because of decentralized processing behind.
- Start and end of the job will be notified by email. Result data is hyper-linked from email notification for easy access.
While NGS data covers globally of genomes, focusing to an interesting regions is generally not easy because of enormous information to process and judge.
Our center developed gGraph, iGene, etc as a response to such a situation. gGraph is a viewer to overview mapping status of all of the chromosome.
This is a viewer for visualizing the tag distribution conditions of the coordinate position of genomes on various window scales.
Data analysis pipelines
- One process consists of multiple modules and commands. The hierarchical structure enables to hide the detailed process which only savvy analysts should know and results in making it easily understood by beginners and Wet researchers.
- The scripts are produced with Perl and R so that the constructed pipelines are easy to port to other existing data analysis platforms.
For more details about the data analysis pipelines, please see "NGS Pipeline Menu Wiki".